Last updated – November 20th, 2016
What Types of Information Do We and Our Third Party Service Providers Collect From You?
“Personal Information” means information such as your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, or other data that, when taken together, can uniquely identify you. Personal Information also includes certain sensitive information related to your finances such as a credit card number or other payment account number (including the three (3) or four (4) digit validation code for your credit card). In order for you to take advantage of the services provided through the Platform, we may require that you furnish Personal Information. We and our third party service providers collect your Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it to us.
Non-Personal Information (or “Non-Personal Information”) is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not uniquely identify you. We and our third party service providers may collect your Non-Personal Information, including information about your dietary requirements/restrictions, the device you are using in accessing and/or using the Platform, information from referring websites, and your interaction with the Platform. We and our third party service providers may also aggregate Personal Information in a manner such that the end-product does not uniquely identify you or any other user of the Platform, for example, by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. This collective information constitutes Non-Personal Information.
IP Addresses are the Internet Protocol addresses of the computers that you are using. Your IP Address is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Platform, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) of the Platform that you visit. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
We may obtain information about your physical location, such as by use of GPS and other geolocation features in your device, or by inference from other information we collect. For example, your IP Address indicates the general geographic region from which you are connecting to the Internet.
How Do We and Our Third Party Service Providers Use Information Collected From You?
We and our third party service providers may use your Personal Information and any third party’s Personal Information that you may provide, as applicable:
- to process your registration on our Platform, including verifying your information to ensure its accuracy and validity.
- to fulfill your requests (e.g., to allow you to place an order, or to provide you with information that you request).
- to store your order history, preferences, etc.
- to fulfill your purchases (e.g., to process credit card payments in connection with your order).
- to customize, maintain or improve content on our Platform.
- to send you important information regarding the Platform, such as certain changes to our terms, conditions, policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be material to your use of the Platform, you may not opt out of receiving such communications.
- to inform you of products, programs, services and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you and to permit you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions (collectively, “Promotions”).
- for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our web Platform, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
Because your Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we and our third party service providers may use such information for any purpose. For example, we may work with third parties for the purpose of advertisement delivery on the Platform, including online behavioral advertising (“OBA”) and multi-site advertising. The Non-Personal Information collected about your visits to the Platform may be used by third parties in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These third parties may also set cookies or web beacons to assist with advertisement delivery services.
In addition, we reserve the right to share your Non-Personal Information with our affiliates and with other third parties, for any purpose. In some instances, we and our third party service providers may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information. If we do combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information hereunder (as long as it is so combined).
How Do We and Our Third Party Service Providers Share Your Personal Information With Others?
We and our third party service providers may disclose Personal Information:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf
- to provide services, or to enable third party service providers to provide services, such as payment processing, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provisioning, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, and other similar services.
- to third parties such as attorneys, collection agencies, tribunals or law enforcement authorities in accordance with valid requests in connection with alleged violations of our Terms of Service or other alleged contract violations, actual or alleged infringement, actual or suspected harm to persons or property, or alleged violations of laws, rules or regulations.
- to detect, prevent or otherwise address actual or suspected fraud, security or technical issues, and to verify your purchase to holder(s) of any credit card(s) or other payment account(s) used to place order(s) through your account.
- as required to fulfill your order.
- to an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy and/or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and/or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and/or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you and/or others; (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies and/or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) for recordkeeping purposes.
Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices.
Forums and Profiles.
We and our third party service providers may make available through the Platform certain services (for example, message boards, chat functionality, “profile pages” and blogs) to which you may be able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you provide in connection with such services may become public, and may be available to visitors to the Platform and to the general public. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, and/or any other information and/or materials, on the Platform. NEITHER WE, NOR ANY OF OUR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, NOR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY DULY AUTHORIZED BY US AND/OR BY OUR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, IS OR SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY USE BY ANY UNAUTHORIZED PERSON OR ENTITY OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE THROUGH THE PLATFORM.
Third Party Sites.
We and our third party service providers use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information under our control. However, no data transmission over the internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us credit card information and/or other sensitive information through email. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may unsubscribe from receiving them by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of those emails.
Changing Personal Information.
You may review, correct and/or update certain elements of your Personal Information by adjusting your preferences in your account. We and our third party service providers are not responsible for altering Personal Information from the databases and/or other records of third parties with whom we and our third party service providers have shared your Personal Information. Please note that we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Note Regarding the Use of the Platform by Children.
Under no circumstances is any portion of the Platform directed to and/or intended for use by individuals under the age of thirteen (13). Such individuals are prohibited from using the Platform and should not provide Personal Information through the Platform.
California Privacy Rights.
If you are a user of the Platform and a California resident, California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code § 1798.83) permits you to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information (if any) to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If this law applies to you and you would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to the address provided below.
Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information and/or other sensitive personal information in your email correspondence with us.